Twin-Therm® Quantum is a self-curved roof design running from gutter to gutter incorporating all of the features and benefits that the standard Twin-Therm® system has delivered successfully for almost 20 years.
The system specification drawing ‘TT-SDR-M04’, available from the technical download section indicates the system build-up and design parameters required to achieve the minimum external sheet end lap.
In addition to all the benefits associated with the Twin-Therm® system, Twin-Therm® Quantum also provides lower apex heights over a standard curved roof resulting in:
- less internal volume to heat
- lower apex heights which can help to meet planning restrictions
- a more cost effective solution to standing seam/ secret fix systems
- the ability to incorporate roof lights in the same manner as the metal roof sheets
- elimination of ridge flashings
To achieve the required end lap either side of apex the external sheet must be manufactured and delivered to site in one length (including roof lights). To minimise impact on transport the sheet length should be limited to standard trailer lengths (if required extendable trailers for longer sheets can be used albeit at a premium), this sheet length and end lap pitch denotes the maximum allowable radius of 105 m for the system.
For further information refer the technical section of the website;
- Specification drawing reference ‘TT-SDR-M04’
- NBS Specification ‘Twin-Therm Quantum Roof 17L up to 25 year HPS200 Ultra’
- Technical Information Paper TIP-503 ‘Roof Pitch and Curve Parameters’